How was your oral hygiene in 2016? Did you take adequate steps to maintain a healthy smile? Were your daily habits in line all year long for a solid and consistent level of care to ensure your oral health remained balanced all year long? Just remember that the more you do to care for your teeth and gums, the lower the risk is that they will fail you, or that you will suffer an oral ailment.
Take the quiz below to see how your oral hygiene ranked in 2016:
– Did you avoid products that are dangerous to your teeth and gums?
– Did you floss your teeth daily?
– Did you avoid chewy snacks and hard candies that could damage your teeth or increase the risk of plaque buildup?
– Did you avoid sugary snacks and drinks?
– Did you use dental cleaning tools that were dentist-approved or had the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Did you brush your teeth twice daily?
– Did you visit your dentist at Cynthia E. Sherwood DDS for all your regularly scheduled appointments?
– Did you limit between-meal snacks?
If you answered YES to 0-3 questions, your teeth and gums are not happy. Try harder this year.
If you answered YES to 4-7 questions, you did well, but there is room for improvement in 2017.
If you answered YES to all 8 questions, congratulations! You were an oral health superhero for the year of 2016!
If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Cynthia E. Sherwood, please call our office at 620-331-4499. We are conveniently located in Independence Kansas. We strive to make your oral health care for the new year the best yet!