A smile that has been stained by the passage of time and dark foods and beverages can leave you feeling awkward in social situations. If you’ve been dissatisfied with the consumer grade whitening products sold in stores, or if your teeth are deeply stained, we might recommend having a professional bleaching treatment administered.
If you have moderate to deeply stained teeth, our dentist can administer a professional dental bleaching treatment that uses whitening agents that are far more potent than any you can find on store shelves.
Below are a few of the reasons teeth can lose their shine and color:
– As with everything in our bodies, teeth age over time.
– Try to avoid improper or untimely oral hygiene habits.
– Avoid consuming food and drinks which can stain your teeth (including tea, wine, coffee, and soda).
– Avoid using and/or smoking tobacco.
– Illnesses to the mouth or body can cause tooth discoloration.
– Various medications can cause tooth discoloration.
– Fluorosis can cause tooth discoloration.
If you would like to learn more about teeth whitening options or schedule an appointment with Dr. Cynthia E. Sherwood, please call our office at (620) 331.4499 or come visit us in Independence, Kansas.