Have you ever wished your teeth could remain strong for your entire life? Fortunately, it is possible. You can have your best smile even as you age. The best techniques for improving your oral health habits as grow older include:
– Avoid biting down on hard and tough foods that can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– Quit bad habits such as chewing tobacco, smoking, and using drugs, all of which can have serious consequences on your oral health, which only get worse with age.
– Make sure to attend your professional cleanings twice per year with your dentist, and if you have any other issues, schedule regular checkups to ensure your oral health remains in outstanding condition.
– The best type of floss is typically shred-resistant floss that will not fail when you use it.
– Always brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
– It is recommended that you brush your teeth at least twice per day for 2-3 minutes per session.
– Always floss your teeth at least once daily for 2-3 minutes per session, hitting all areas between every tooth, including the back teeth.
– If traditional toothbrushes give you pain or discomfort, switch to brushing with an electric brush.
– All teeth and teeth substitutes should be cleaned, including any dental work you may have had done, including soaking your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
To schedule an oral exam for yourself at Cynthia E. Sherwood DDS, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Independence, Kansas, with Dr. Cynthia E. Sherwood and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 620-331-4499. We want to ensure your smile shines for years to come.